Wednesday, December 3, 2008

biRthDaY bOy...





Well, my baby turned one!  I can't believe it!  That was the fastest year ever!  This year, his birthday was on "Black Friday" so it was crazy!  We tried to have his party at the park, however, when we got there it turned very windy and cold!  Luckily, my uncle had the keys to the church! Never thought my son's first birthday party would be in the Primary Room!  Max picked the theme to his birthday party!  Of course he picked the Utes to be the focus!  He had to take the opportunity being that almost everyone in our extended families our BYU fans.  He had a Utah cake and Utah cookies.  Here was the quote of the night... One of Dan's little cousins is an avid BYU fan.  He turns to his grandpa and says, "Grandpa....I'm going to eat this cookie because it looks really good, but I have to warn you.... It just might kill me!

Happy Birthday Max!  We love you so much!  You are such a joy to have in our family!  It was such a struggle to get you into our lives, however, now we cannot imagine life without you!  

12 comments:

Traci said...

Love that big boy! The party was a hit even though it was "U" themed. Happy Birthday big boy! Here's to many more happy years! Love you!!

H and E said...

Such a fun party! Although it was Ute Themed I still loved it. That Max is adorable and I loved being able to spend a little time with him!

Lindsay said...

Super Cute...ugly cake though! Just Kidding! I can't believe it has been a year. Holy Moly!

Kelsey said...

Look at all his gorgeous hair. Those pics remind me of Brew when he was a gooer :) Full head of hair!
I wanted to go to his party so bad. He is utterly adorable! I need to bring over his present.
We really would LOVE to get together with you guys soon.

Julie said...

fun pictures!! happy birthday Max!!!

Heather and Eric said...

Oh how cute! I can't believe he is one!!! We love that kid!

Celeste said...

Happy Birthday Max! He is such a cutie! Sounds like the party was fun even if it was in the primary room and even if you did serve UTAH refreshments!:)

schaars said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Max! He is the CUTEST little man ever I can't believe he is one!!

Annelise said...

Happy Birthday Max! His hair is so long! He is so cute.

Kristin Morgan said...

I came across your blog and had to say hi! What a darling boy you have! I hope you are doing well...

Kristin Goodfellow Morgan

Kristin Morgan said...

We've been in Boston/Cambridge since mid July. Bryson started law school this fall. I did get my master's! Unfortunately, I didn't finish it until August and wasn't licensed to teach here in MA for fall. So, hopefully next year I will be able to find a position. It is very difficult to get into the school system here...very political and picky. So, I am crossing my fingers. I am just working elsewhere for now. We are doing well and enjoying life on the East coast...much different than the West. Max is absolutely darling by the way! I remember talking to you last and from what I recall it wasn't easy getting him here. Congratulations a year late! I love him in the U of U jacket...so cute! Are you still in UT? Are you enjoying being mom? Hope all is well...

Kristin Morgan

Kristin Morgan said...

I am so glad you are teaching! That is great! I am licensed to teach secondary health in UT and secondary health and family consumer studies in MA. I really hope next year I can get a job teaching here! It is not easy here. Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and your darling family. Keep in touch. (I guess I know where your blog is so now I can see you and your darling boy!)

Kristin